We are a unique co-operative providing affordable housing and health and social care services.
As a not-for-profit cooperative of housing associations, we are responding innovatively to the country’s need for more affordable housing.
We are a partnership of five highly skilled associations:
• Accord Group
• Rooftop Housing Group
• Trent & Dove
• Trident Social Investment Group
• WATMOS Community Homes.
We collectively manage over 30,000 homes across the wider Midlands region, employ over 4,000 people; have assets of more than £1.2bn and a combined turnover of over £218m.
We spend annually over £19m on repairs and maintenance services, £17.5m on home improvement programmes and £46m on a range of goods and services in local and often fragile economies; stimulating growth, creating jobs and generating extra economic and social value.
Some of our key achievements to date include:
• providing over 30,000 affordable homes to families on low incomes, older people, people with disabilities and young people – with plans to build a further 1,866 new homes by 2018
• provision of additional services to our communities, including health and social care, jobs and skills services, to approximately 80,000 people in our region
• we have received one of the largest Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant allocations in the Midlands, securing £30m to build new homes at a cost of £210m
• we are a HCA top quartile performer and in 2012 and 2013,exceeded our HCA target for starts, cash spend and completions, leading the way in designing, developing and manufacturing low carbon homes – including homes which meet highest levels of sustainability establishing us firmly as sector – leading organisation.
Building Better Towns and Cities – Creating Communities
Urban renewal is at the heart of what we do. We understand the importance of physical regeneration of neighbourhoods as well as provision of support to communities and we have significantly invested in new developments in the Midlands.
We have an extensive range of culturally sensitive housing and care and support services as our region has a large BME community client base. We have won awards for the development of a number of customised culturally specific initiatives, projects including the community cohesion project Bend it Like Birmingham, Big Lottery Pay Ahead Stay Ahead and Digital Deal.
By 2015, we will have designed, developed and built 1,500 affordable, high-quality homes in the Midlands and beyond.
All of the homes will meet – at the very least – Code for Sustainable Homes Level Three, with a number achieving the very highest Level of Six.
Making homes more energy efficient is vital at a time when utility bills have risen by £300 on average within the last three years – hitting families on the lowest incomes; our customers, the hardest.
Founded on fairness, we have a longstanding commitment to equality of opportunity, respect, empowerment, entrusting residents to work alongside our colleagues in delivering services. We have never just ‘managed’ housing but have built successful communities where people look after one another, diversity is celebrated and individuals feel safe and valued.
Our residents enjoy good homes and are encouraged to empower themselves, reach their potential and improve quality of life for themselves and others.
We continue to enhance our services to the disadvantaged communities we serve. We meet housing -need, provide support for health and care needs, opportunities for volunteering, training, jobs and enterprise creation.
Whilst we have a deep-rooted role in the neighbourhood and communities where we operate, our reach is national. With a number of respected reports and studies under our belts, we continue to influence the national housing policy agenda. And our partnership continues to grow, both through development and in an increasing range of activities.
We have been selected by the Government to build another 1400 affordable homes in the Midlands by 2018. We believe that together, we can best achieve the growth in affordable housing our region requires to forge a bright, sustainable future.
check out our story board of our 10 year partnership history